We invite you to visit the only one Straw Museum_workshop in Latvia, Europe and the world!
There you will be waiting for over 500 different, unique straws/hay sculptures and dolls together. These are
straw/hay created fairy tale images, multiple thematic collections and large–size sculptures.
The Straw museum–workshop working from 23 August 2010.
In 2015, the Straw Museum–workshop was rewarded with quality award the for Courland Tourism, “Big Jacob” in the nomination, “The grandly unusual collection.”
The straw museum can be visited individually, with family, friends, colleagues, classmates and organised groups.
The following collections shall be considered in the straw museum:
- Exhibition “LATVIA” – Latvian hundred–year authorship work “Latvian contour” and sculpture “Lacplesis.
- Exhibition “TO TOBAGO” — from straw created sailing-vessel with all crew, a pirate ship with pirates,
an illuminated castle with guards, and the island of Tobago. With this exhibition, we to remind the time of the
Duchy of Kurzeme–Zemgale. This exhibition is the finely and labor consuming artwork itself at the Straw
Museum. It is devoted to 5 months.
- The collection “WORLD ANIMALS” — This collection could be assimilated to a small zoo. Animals from all
over the world have been rendered, such as penguins, rhino, lion, giraffe, bear, leopard, monkey, etc. Latvian
animals, such as elk, stag, wild boar, etc.
- The dragon collection – the dragon‘s image has been rendered in a variety of ways, both flying and multi–headed, fearsome with fiery eyes and tongues, and lovely.
- Bird collection – various Latvian birds: capercaillie, hoopoe, crane, etc.
- The LEP collection – large, small, active, smiling, lovable gnomes.
- A collection of mushrooms – boletus, chanterelle, mushmyrs and many other mushrooms.
- Witches‘ collection – it‘s a different character, witches flying on the broom.
- Exhibition to “Country-hause” — various straw hares, roosters, cows, pigs, etc.
- Kamasutra‘s collection – women‘s sculptures, love scenes.
Without thematic collections, there are large–size sculptures –“A cat in boots”, “The mushroom Mummy”, “The Golden dragon” and other sculptures.